Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Announcement

PEEL CENTRE'S ANNUAL DRONFIELD LECTURE


Speaker..................Harry Barnes

Subject...................That Was Parliament, That Was

Time.......................7.30 pm

Date........................Friday, 17 October

Venue.....................Peel Centre, High Street, Dronfield

Entrance Fee...........£5 (including wine and refreshments)

A talk on my life as the local MP from 1987-2005


BLOGGING ANNOUNCEMENT

At the moment I am attempting to write my political autobiography, in which I hope to draw political lessons for the future. Blogging interferes with this project. I will use the opportunity provided by my giving the above talk, to do some research into my period in parliament. I do not particularly need to do this for the purpose of my talk, but it is a useful discipline for the purposes of the book which I have already started writing. I will, therefore stay away from blogging until after 17 October and I have hidden all comments until then. But I will then return to blogging and reopen my comment boxes - although my own blogging activities may only then emerge in fits and starts for some time.

No comments: